Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

OKC Trip - The OKC Bombing Memorial






We come here to remember those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever. May all who leave here know the impact of violence. May this memorial offer comfort, strength, peace, hope and serenity.® - Oklahoma City Memorial

Wow, this was a powerful place. I could have spent all day in the museum, but we had the kids with us. They were interested, but patient enough to stay there all day. At one point, Carlie grabbed my hand and said "I want to leave this place, it makes me sad." I cried when we got to the room that had the picture of each person who died. Madi ran off somewhere and brought back a kleenex. I hadn't even noticed them. Then she hugged on me and offered comfort in her sweet way. Libby just could NOT comprehend that someone could be so evil as to blow up 168 people.

It happened to be Junior Ranger day. And the kids completed a booklet and then were sworn in as Junior Rangers.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz