Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not the Burning Bush...the Moving Bush




I got this lilac bush as a tiny sprout from the lilac bushes in my Mom's yard. She got her bushes when the neighbor lady dug up her lilac bush and was going to haul it off.

So I got the sprout when I was pregnant with Carlie. I moved it from Madison, KS and planted it in my home in Cleveland, OK. Then two years later when we moved to a rental house in Wichita, KS I dug it up and took it with me and planted it there. THEN a year later, when we bought our house in Towanda, KS I dug it up yet again.

So now it is 7 years old....same age as Carlie....has lived at four different houses in two different states. And for the first time this year it bloomed. Now that is survival!!!!

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz