Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Monday, February 2, 2009

Leukemis


Carlie got a life sized Barbie for Christmas. I really didn't think she'd play with it much, but she has. Yesterday she came through the house carrying the life sized Barbie cradled in her arms. The Barbie was wearing a hood that had been unzipped from someone's winter jacket, and Carlie had a horribly sad look on her face.

I asked her what was wrong, and she replied "Well, my daughter has luekemis. It's this disease, and the medicines for it cost lots and lots of money. And that's why we have Penny's for Patients at school. She has this hat on her head, because when you get Leukemis, all of your hair falls out and you have to wear a hat. It's so sad Mommy."

I explained to her that JB had had "leukemis" and almost died from it. She asked me if his hair fell out too, and I told her it did.

Lucky for us, Barbie's luekmis was cured a few hours later and her hair was back. How I wish it was that simple for the kids who really do have it.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz