Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Most Fun Mother's Day Ever


After we finished the River Run, we went to spend the night at Granny and Pawpaw's house since we still didn't have electricity. I slept upstairs in my old bedroom with Carlie. I LOVE to sleep in on weekend mornings. And remember before that I am blind as a bat without my contacts in.

I wake up, and there are three dogs on my bed jumping around and licking me in the face. I look up and I can see Libby's head peeking above the edge of the bed and she is laughing. Now I am NOT a morning person.

I snapped at her "What are you DOING!?!?!?! Get these dogs off of here. That's NOT FUNNY!!!!" And Granny and the rest of the kids popped up and yelled "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!"

They had brought me breakfast in bed, a donut and a flower. I was so surprised. they fussed over me about five minutes, then they all just disappeared leaving me with my breakfast. LOL.

It reminded me of when Carlie was born. The room was full of nurses and doctors, my Mom and my husband. They could not get Carlie to cry right away. They whisked her out of the room and everyone went with her. And here I am, having just given birth and sitting in a room all by myself.

The kids blew in like a whirlwind, brought me breakfast and then took off leaving me to enjoy it by myself. LOL.

Thank you, Granny and kids!!!


No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz