Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Friday, May 29, 2009

United, We Stand.....



I've had a hard time finding time to post the last two weeks. I spent Monday through Thursday of last week in various parts of Texas for work.

While I was there, I had a fender bender in the company rental car which cause reams of paperwork and required urine drug test because it was an accident while on company time.

And I had to make the previously mentioned emergency run to Walmart for clean underwear.

Also while I was there, my old cat got sick. He's almost 15 years old. He's the one we dried in the drier accidentally that time.

He got sick, and Bob was afraid to take him to the vet because he thought they might put him to sleep. (Had a hard time following THAT logic.) He had Libby call Granny and ask what to do. Granny said to take him to the vet. It was just in the nick of time. He had a blocked ureter and his bladder was the size of a grape fruit. So Bob left a message on my phone while I was in the air on the way to Austin. I walked through the Houston Airport sniffling. Shadow's back home now, but he's still very weak and I don't think he's eating.

We left for Oklahoma on Friday the 22nd, which is Pepaw's birthday and also Granny and Papaw's anniversary. We worked on their yard while we were there. Then we came back home and worked on our house with some painting and drywall work.

Frank and Libby stayed with Memaw and Pepaw at the lake. And Granny came and picked up Madi and Carlie.

The week I was gone, was the last week of school for my kids and for Bob. Granny was able to step in and go to watch their Play Day since neither Bob nor I could do so.

With the fifteen million (er....four) kids we have, I don't know how we'd get everything done without such great family support and team work. United we stand. When I look at pictures like the one above of my kids.....I feel so incredibly blessed to have them in my crazy, busy life.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz