Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

River Run - A Family Thang


We have made the River Run, which is a part of Wichita's annual River Fest and family event. Everyone in my family ran in an event. Bob, Frank and I ran in the 10K (6.2 miles). Frank finished in 58 minutes and came in 5th for his age group. Libby ran in the two mile. And Madi and Carlie participated in the Tot Trot.

My company sponsored a team, and we had a really good time. Lena went with us to watch the kids while Bob and I were running. We went to watch the children's theater after the races. It was Little Red Hen this year. And then we had some good River Fest food afterwards. We rounded the day out with rides and inflatables at the kids corner.

Carlie was SO determined that she was going to win her race. In reality she came in last in her heat. But she was so proud to get her medal that she didn't know the difference. When they got ready to start her race, she got down in a three point stance on the starting line. She was serious. LOL.

Madi tied with another little girl for first place in her heat. It didn't even look like she was trying very hard.

I was so proud of my family for all running this year








No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz