Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Blind Side


My family and I went to see the movie "The Blide Side" this weekend. It's about a wealthy Memphis family that took in a large black boy who was homeless and he became an NFL football player. It's actually the true story of Micheal Oher.

I loved the movie and so did my family. Reminded me so much of our situation with JB. But so far we don't have the fairy tale. My high school football player that we took in just pled guilty to a felony and will have to toe a straight and narrow line for two years to stay out of jail. But ...I haven't given up on him. So much of the movie I related to....the strange big kid suddenly showing up in the family Christmas picture...and the questioning relatives. My grandma warning me about taking in a teenage boy in a home where I had small daughters...and driving around on the wrong side of town looking for him after we'd had a "fight". But also a proper hug.

After the movie, I sent him a txt just because I was thinking about him. He wanted to know what I'd been up to, and I told him about the wreck last weekend. He was outraged that I hadn't called and told him about it when it happened. I sent him a text back that I didn't think he cared that much, and I wasn't hurt anyway. And he sent back "Well I expect you to tell me when anything bad happens to any of you in the future!!" He cares. I hope he can work out his issues.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz