Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Professional Donkey Trainers

This post is about my donkey, but it's also about friendship.  How am I going to talk about donkeys and friendship in one post....

There are alot of people I know, alot of people I like....but there are only a few oustide of my family that I hold close to my heart as a friend.  Margie falls into that category.



Margie and I met about 12 years ago when we worked together at Williams Energy.  Niether one of us are girly, girls, we didn't have much time to spend together outside of our work day, and we were both crazy about our kids.  We were Tom Boys and Athletes.  She was the Matron of Honor at my wedding. 

One of my favorite things about Margie is that we have always had this unspoken rule that we could brag all we wanted to each other about our kids.  We would never compare our kids, never be jealous of each others kids.  We shared our kids with each other: their successes, their failures, their funny stories....and the other would listen.

The other thing about our friendship that is special is that it has survived both time and distance.  Margie and I have lived in different states for over six years now.  We've only managed to see each other in person a handful of times in those last six years.

So a few weekends ago, she got to come up here and visit.  I was excited, but I was kind of nervous too.  We hadn't seen each other in several years and both of our lives had changed alot since then.  She got out of the truck and it was like we had never been apart.

"A true friend is one who picks up right where you left off, whether it's been a week, a month, or twenty years." -Henry Miller
What did we do on our day together?  Exactly the things that have always defined our friendship.  She went to a basketball game with me and we watched my little girls play. We had lunch together at a great resteraunt. We talked and talked about our kids.  And we TRAINED MY DONKEY!!!!





It's been a long time since I've had as much fun as I did that day teaching Lizzy to lead.  Oh, and Marige.  I found one of your gloves in the bottom of the donkey's water pan the other day....in case you've been looking for it!!!



Who has the best er......arse?  Me, Margie or Lizzy?
 

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz