Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Monday, February 25, 2008

Our busy season winds down


So now wrestling is over. We are so proud that J.B. got to go to the state tournament last weekend. As he walked off the mat for the last time on Friday, my only thought was "That's the last time I'll get to watch him wrestle." He is done with athletics and a chapter of his life has closed. Soon a new one will begin as he graduates from high school in a few short months. He's been with us almost exactly six months now, and he's come a long, long way.

We have one more set of basketball games for Frank and Libby and we are done for the season. She woke up on Saturday not feeling so well. I called her Coach to ask if they'd have enough girls to play without her. She said she'd only have 5 or6 there, so we dragged ourselves out of bed and drove to Douglas for the game. She went to sleep in the car on the way over there, but she played hard once she got there. She made a great basket during the game. You could hear the "Swoosh" as it went in....nothin' but net. But she admitted on the phone to her Granny later that night that she'd intended to pass the ball to someone, and it just accidentally went into the basket!

After we finished her game, we got in the car and drove to Frank's game at Benton. We made it with 10 minutes to spare. I was in line at the concession stand buying hotdogs for the little girls. I turned around to give Libby her hotdog and noticed she was gone. Madi came out of the girls' bathroom and told me "Mom!!! Libby's in the bathroom throwing up!!!" Poor thing, I hadn't realized she was that sick.

I then had to round up the two little girls who'd just started eating their hotdogs, and take the girls all home. I didn't get to watch any of Frank's game. The little girls were mad they had to go home. They'd just gotten settled in to eat their hotdogs and play with their friends.

Sunday I snuck off from the kids and spent the day with my Mom and Dad painting their living room. We had a great day, its been a long time since I've spent any time with them without 287 kids crawling over us. My husband told me that I would not be able to get away without the kids knowing where I was going. But I simply told them that I had work to do. That satisfied them all except Libby, whom I think was a bit suspicious. She also noticed the paint on my knee later that night after I came home. I played dumb.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz