Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

An Unusually Somber Post

The funeral that I went to today was for a young man. He was 43 years old. He'd been battling cancer, and he knew that it was terminal. It was so obvious from the life celebration today that he was well loved and he'd touched many lives. It made me wonder how many people would come to my funeral, and what would they say about me? It's good to ponder that question once in a while to make sure your life is on the right track.

Since he knew he was dying, he left a brief message to be read to the people at his funeral. In it he encouraged each one of us to go home and spend time with our spouse and our children. And to kiss and hug them extra hard and tell them how much you love them. So I came home tonight and did just that. Thank you, Neal.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz