Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lost cat, ER, termites, crazy boss, late for work...

need I say more?

I knew it was going to be a long day when I realized about 25 minutes into my 45 minute drive to work that I'd left my laptop at home. At had to turn around and go back and get it. So I was 30 minutes late to work.

I hadn't been there very long, and I got a text from my husband saying "Your $600 cat got out of the house and we can't find it." Well Duff only cost $250...not $600 but he is a house cat who is declawed and doesn't ever go outside. I asked Bob to have the girls look for him under the trailer.

Then I had a meeting with my boss...well we aren't even going to discuss that.

THEN, we are supposed to sell our house on Friday. And I get a call late that morning (four days before closing) that the termite inspector found live termites in the garage. So I am on the phone trying to find someone to treat them...making sure the buyer isn't going to back out on us. The house is only 5 years old...how did it get termites!?!!?!

Work is crazy we are trying to plan an implementation that is going to start on Fri and end Monday night with people working shifts for 24/7 the whole time.

I finally get to head home. I get there, and Carrie (Bob's Sister In Law) said her blood pressure was high and could I help her make an appointment. She lives in Michigan, so I suggested that I run her up to Walgreen's Take Care Clinic. We get there at 7pm and they close at 7:30pm. Her BP was 209/102 and they told us to go straight to the ER. So I took her there. They gave her nitroglycern and put her on two BP medicines. We got home at 11pm.

When we got home, Bob insisted that I look under the trailer and call for the cat, because they hadn't found him all day. So I pull back a section of trailer skirt. And he's sitting there under the trailer about 20 feet away. So I crawl under there to get him...its just 20ft. I still have my work clothes on. I just touch his tail and he gets up and moves 20ft further under the trailer. I go after him. Finally he gets so far under there that its too low for me to follow. So I crawl back out with spiders in my hair and dirt all over my clothes...and no cat.

What a day. I sure slept good that night.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz