Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Old Family Sayings

These are sayings that I've heard in the family for years.

*She'll get glad in the same britches she got mad in.
*I ain't seen him in a month of Sundays.
*Well, I'll Swan. (expression of surprise)
*She fidgets more than a fart in a hot skillet.
*Go outside and let the stink blow off ya.
*Lay down and let your pup suck.
*If it was a snake it would have bit ya.(Searching for something lost)
*He's as useless as tits on a bore hog.
*He's happier than a three peckered billygoat.
*He just fell off the turnip truck. (Young, inexperienced)
*Its colder outside than a well-digger's ass.
*Its colder than a Witch's Tit.
*He's as mean as a RattleSnake.
*We'll get there..Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.
*Well, Shoot a Monkey. (expression of surprise)
*She couldn't find her butt with both hands.
*Me and PawPaw are thicker than thieves.
*It didn't work cause you didn't hold your mouth just right.
*She's madder than a wet hen.
*If you eat the last biscuit..it will give you a stomach ache.
*I'm fuller than a tick on an old blood hound.
*He's one brick shy of a load. (Dumb)
*He was three sheets to the wind (Drunk).
*It come a toad strangler. (Hard Rain)
*Purty as a Speckled Pup.
*He's dumber than a doorknob.
*Do you want me to give you something to cry about? (To a child throwing a fit)
*She ran like a scalded cat.
*He was down at the mouth. (Sad)
*She's as purty as a new colt.
*She's limp as a dishrag.
*She's cute as a button.
*He was hotter than a firecracker (Angry).
*She's a pure as the driven snow.
*Want in one hand and DooDoo in the other and see which gets filled up faster.
*Cry my hands full (Said to child throwing a fit)
*Your face will freeze that way.
*She spends money like it grows on trees.
*He was eating (Fill in the blank) like it was going out of style.
*She could waller a buzzard off a gut wagon.
*My eyes were bigger than my stomach (When you eat too much or put too much on your plate)
*He's as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of Rockers.
*I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.
*I'm so hungry my bell button is nibbling on my backbone.
*I'm so hungry my big gut is about to eat my little gut.
*I have to piss like a race horse.
*He hasn't eaten in so long he don't cast a good shadow.
*Pretty is as pretty does.
*Fine as frog hairs.
*You need that like you need another hole in your head.
*He was black as Old Coaly.
*She has a mind like a steele trap.
*Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
*You kids are growing like weeds.
*You're getting heavy...you been eating rocks for dinner (To a child).

4 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

Are you by chance a Southerner? Love these sayings....they just about make up my entire extended family's vocabulary, LOL!

Julie said...

Oklahoma...is that close enough to Southern??? :0)

Sally Bacchetta said...

This is great! I grew up with many of the same sayings. These too:

"I'll be there with two pairs of pants and grease in my hair."
(to indicate being excited about an upcoming event)

"Make your tongue slap your brains out!" (if something tastes REALLY good)

I enjoyed this post :)

kate said...

my dad always says..."she's the prettiest thing to ever s*** behind a pair of boots." which is gross but funny.

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz