Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Monday, March 2, 2009

Today is Frank and Libby's Adoption Day

I sent this email out to my whole email book the day we adopted Frank and Libby.

Subject: Announcing the adoption of Frank and Libby Pool

Today on March 2, 2004, we became the proud forever parents of two beautiful children. I'd like to introduce Frank and Libby POOL!!! Its been nearly three years since a tiny brother and sister came to live with us. Once we even tearfully had them packed up to return to their birth father, and it fell through at the last minute. We are so proud to claim them as our own.

They would not be here with us now without the decidation and hard work of many friends, family and professionals who truly did what was in the bests interests of these children. For all of you who cared about our children and went out of your way to help them. Thank you!!!

This story has a happy ending!!!

The Pools,
Bob, Julie, Frank, Libby, Madi and Carlie.


And here are some responses:

From Frank and Libby's Attorny

YEAH!!!!! I am so happy y’all are now a real forever family. We fought the good fight and we won. Frank, Libby and Lois won that is for sure. I have represented thousands of kids throughout the years and each and every one of them are deserving of a great family like the ones these three little ones got. Unfortunately not all of them are able to get to the other side of the Rainbow like these kids did. You probably know Lois’s big day was 1-9-04. I wish you all the best. I always new there was something great on the other side of that rainbow!!!

I am reminded of the Starfish Project

A person walking along a beach is tossing starfish back into the ocean. “Do you really think that will matter?”, he is asked. “There are millions of starfish on the beach.” He answers, “It matters to this one.”

Thanks for letting me know about adoption and for letting me be a small part of your journey!!!

Julie McMahon


From Frank and Libby's Social Worker in Pawnee County

Those pictures are beautiful and what a beautiful family you have. I am so glad everything is over and done with for all of you and now you can really begin your life as a family. I am so proud to have been a small part in watching your family grow. I wish each and every one of you the best. May God bless your family always.

Let me know if you ever need anything,

Heidi Alley

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz