Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Friday, June 26, 2009

Killing Cats is Bad Luck



My Grandpa Cass passed away six years ago this month. In his honor, here is one of my favorite stories about him.

I have found that people are either cat lovers or they can't stand them. My Grandpa is one of those people who can't stand cats. I happen to be a cat fanatic. I have two of them.

My grandparents lived out on a farm without indoor plumbing. So they had alot of barn cats outside. My grandpa, Cass, thought that there were too many of them around one summer, so he rounded up a bunch of them and was going to kill them. My grandma, Obie, told him not to do it. She said it was bad luck to kill a cat.

He didn't listen to her, and took the cats out and killed them. That evening, he went upstairs to take a bath. There was only one room upstairs and when they took baths, they hauled a tub up there and heated water to fill it up.

When my Grandpa was finished with his bath that night, he came down the stairs with a towel wrapped around his waist. About two steps down, his damp feet flew out from under him, and he fell down the stairs losing his towel on the way down.

Luckily, his diginity was hurt worse than anything else. When my Grandma, Obie, came to make sure he was alright, all she said was "See, I told you that it was bad luck to kill those cats."

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz