Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Story of Grumpy Growler

This is a story that has been passed down from Mother to child. Most little kids LOVE it. And whenever they see my Mom (Granny), she has to tell it.

Once upon a time there was a little girl who was screaming and crying and throwing the awfulest fit. She heard a knock on the door. She thought it was her Grandma, but it wasn't. It was this old woman. She had long stringy hair. She didn't have any teeth and she had FINGERNAILS JUST LIKE CLAWS (said while pointing fingernails in the child's face to make them jump).

That old woman looked at that little girl and said "Was that you makin' all that racket." That little girl was so scared all she could do was nod her head.

So Grumpy Growler picked up that little girl and put her in a tow sack...and took off with her down the road.

That old woman walked and walked and walked..and that little girls was so scared. She cried "I want my Momma. I want my Daddy." But eventually Grumpy Growler stopped for a rest. And she opened that sack up, and made that little girl eat old dirty bread...and drink old yucky water from a pond. Then she put her back in that sack and went to sleep.

But while Grumpy Growler was sleeping...that little girl snuck out of that sack and ran all the way back to her Mom and Dad's house. And she never threw a fit again.

So you better not throw any fits either....or Old Grumpy Growler will get you too.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz