Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kanapolis Lake








I took off work on Friday and we made a day trip to Kanapolis Lake. It was hot, but we had a great time. The first thing we did was go on a two hour horseback ride though Horsethief Canyon. Frank and Libby got to ride their own horses. Madi rode her own horse on a lead rein and Carlie rode double with me. Bob and I had ridden horses when we were younger. It was a first time for all of my kids. They LOVED it.

We rode through some rough terrain too....Up and down hills, across creek beds. Towards the end of the ride, Carlie said "Mom, I think I need to drive this horse for a little bit." It had been well behaved, so I gave her the reins. Almost immediately, the horse put its head down and jerked the reins out of her hands. Good thing I had a good hold on her.

The we had a picnic out at the lake and wrapped up the day swimming.

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz