Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Habla Espanol???



The house next door that is under construction has been a thorn in my side for the past year. As I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago, they have finally started working on it again in ernest, and there are now lots of workers over there on a regular basis - many of them Mexican.

I let Madi and Carlie play in the front yard if Frank or Libby is out there with them. One day last week they came inside and Madi says "Mom, we were talking to the guys next door who were working on the house!!" I raise my eyebrows and say "Are you supposed to be talking to strangers? Madi thinks about it a minute and says "No, but we weren't speaking to them in English." And Carlie chimes in "Yeah, we wer speaking to them in Spanish."

Sooooooo of course I ask "What did you SAY to them in Spanish???"

And they go "We said Adios, Amigos!!! And "Ola!! Ola!!!"

I asked the girls what the guys did when they spoke to them in Spanish. And Madi said "Oh, they just smiled and waved!!"

No telling what those construction workers thought!!!

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz