Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things


Well normally I don't post embarrassing things about anybody else's kids. But we had a couple of great stories this week that I just couldn't pass up sharing. Mostly because it makes me feel good that my kids are not the ONLY ones that spill their guts about everything.

First of all, any and all kids are welcome in my home as long as they are respectful. And we almost always have at LEAST one extra kid at any given time. Frank is in Oklahoma this week, so this weekend I took my three girls to see the movie Wall*E. We invited one of Carlie and Madi's dear friends to go along with us. This little girl lives with her great-grandma. Her Mom died in a car accident when she was a baby. She's a total sweetheart and not a bit of trouble. So on the way home I'm listening to the girls talking in the back seat. Madi starts talking about her birth parents. And this little girls says "Yeah, you know my Mom died when I was a baby. And my Dad, well he was all messed up on drugs....and he had to plumb leave the country before I was born. He didn't even get to see me!!!" I nearly drove off the road. LOL.

Then tonight, one of Libby's best friends is over. I had never met her before. And she is also a very sweet little girl. At dinner tonight, she was telling me about her family. She said "Yeah, my Mom takes care of a Handicap (not a Handicapped person, a Handicap). He lives in our house and that's how we make our living. My Mom has a bedroom, he has a bedroom and me and my two brothers share a bedroom." So I ask her how old her brothers are and she tells me that one of them is 6 and the other is 13. And then she whispers "And my 13 year old brother....we don't really know who his Dad is. But I know my Dad. I went camping with him last week."

I nearly spit my Diet Coke all over the table. Like I said, I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who spill their guts!!!

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz