Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Friday, October 10, 2008

Thrown out of Preschool

When we moved to Cleveland, Ok to both be teachers, it was 2002. The school system had a Non-For-Profit daycare that was available for teacher’s kids. It was cheap and convenient. The daycare was run by a board of teachers (all of them elementary teachers who had kids in the daycare).

We’d been in school for a few months when Bob and I were “called before the board”. By then, I was several months pregnant with Carlie and EXTREMELY irritable. We met with “the board” in one of the elementary classrooms, and I remember perching on one of the tiny little grade school chairs while these old biddies proceeded to tell me how awful my children were.

The more I listened to all the petty offenses, the angrier I became. They went on to tell me how their daycare was just not set up to handle “those kinds of children”. Finally, I blew I gasket. I stood and looked the snottiest one in the eye and began to speak

“You’re worried about MY son throwing a shoe at your daughter right now. What you SHOULD be worrying about is that no one is willing to take the time to help “Those kinds of children”. What you SHOULD be worrying about is whether or not my son will grow up and AXE MURDER your daughter in 20 years, because no one would take the time to help him when he was LITTLE.”

You could have heard a pin drop, and then the woman burst into tears and ran out of the room. The whole time I’m talking, Bob has me by my shirt tale saying “Julie….Julie….calm down Julie”. LOL. Poor Bob.

What’s even funnier is that this woman had twin girls who were Frank’s age. When they were in first grade, one of her twins was in Frank’s class and fell head over heads in love with him!!! We’d run into them in the store and the little girl would be hollering “FRANK!!! Frank!!! I love you Frankie!!!” And you could hear her Mother hissing at her to be quiet.

Until we moved away, I’d secretly hoped they’d get married some day. Hehehe. Karma gets you every time.

P.S. They still threw them out of the daycare, despite my speech!!! But we found a much better one!

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz