Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Honk, Honk, Honk, Hooooonnk!!!


I think I've mentioned before that my husband is an optimist.....while I am what I call a "REALIST".

When the kids were really little, Bob would often leave them in the car with it running. I was constantly griping at him about this "Don't you know what could happen? They could get out of their car seats and put the car in gear. Someone could get in it and drive off." Yadda, yadda, Yadda.

Bob would always blow me off. That would NEVER happen, etc, etc.

Well one summer when Frank was 4 and Libby was 3, he had to go move the sprinklers on the football practice fields. There were a couple of them which mean he had to walk about 200 yards away from the mini-van. Because it was hot, he left it running with the kids in the car.

He got about 200 yrds away from the car, on the back side of one of the practice fields when he hears "Honk, honk, honk, Hooooooonk!!!!" Frank and Libby had unbuckled from their car seats and were honking out a tune on the mini-van horn. And Bob was 200 yards away.

The practice field was full of people, and they are all watching as Bob (who weighed about 400lbs at the time) is running back to the mini-van at a dead sprint in the heat. The whole way back they are merrily honking out tunes. He didn't leave them in the car by themselves any more after that!

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz