Favorite Quotes

  • ***********************************************
  • "I'm so busy.... I don't know if I found a rope... or lost my donkey! - Unknown"
  • ***************************************************

Monday, March 3, 2008

Libby can eat Salid.


Last year, Libby was in 2nd grade and Frank was in 3rd grade. At the beginning of the school year, they started offering salads for lunch. But they were concerned that not alot of the younger kids would really eat a salad. So the rule was that 3rd graders could order a salad any time they wanted, but K-2nd grade required a note from the parent stating that their child could order a salad that day.

Now Frank LIKES salads and he would order one on a pretty regular basis. Libby however, does NOT like salad. But she kept BEGGING us to sign a note for her so that she could order one.

I told her one morning "Libby you do NOT like salads, so I'm not writing a note for you. I don't want to hear about it any more."

I have parent teacher conferences later in the week. I have a good chat with Libby's teacher. She's doing well in school, etc. But at the end of the conference the teacher gets a funny little smile and says she doesn't want me to get mad, but she has something to show me regarding Libby.

She unfolds a piece of paper and slides it across the top of the desk to me. Written on the paper in blue crayon in 2nd grade handwriting is the following: "From Bob. Libby is haveing a salid. To Mrs Hall."

Ummm....now I can just bet that my husband doesn't usually write notes in blue crayon, and last time I checked he knows how to spell Salad.

When the teacher questioned Libby about it, she first said that Bob himself had written it. When that wasn't believed, Libby claimed that Bob told her he didn't have time to write the note, but that she could write it FOR him. She was sent to the principal's office. When the prinicipal offered to call Bob to check out her story, she finally confessed.

Oh if they'd just put that creativity and smarts towards solving the worlds problems!!!

No comments:

Subscribe to the Pooligans Blog

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz